The "Song of 2 Thieves" is one of many beautiful songs from the Good Friday liturgy. It is a song that is a "debate" of the 2 thieves who were crucified along side Christ. Below you can find the English version of the song.
This year this song was sung by 3 of the youth froCopym our church: Joslin, Leah, & Anne. They alternated between the Malayalam and English languages.
1. Ye all mankind come and listen - To voice o-f a pair of thieves,
Listen to their arguments - Find yourself who is right.
2. Lord is on a Cross in middle - As a Judge who favours none
Like a balanced weighing scale - Weighing their words corr-ectly.
3. One thief told his Lord and God - Remember me when you come
Let me see your mercy Lord - In your Eternal Kingdom.
4. Thief on left on hearing this - Asked a question to his friend,
If he is the King of Kings - Why is he on Cross with us.
5. My friend I su-rrendered to - Blood of this one righteous King,
Because of that I gained life - Cross is sep-arating us.
6. Don’t you see him bearing nails - Like us and su-ffering lot,
If he could grant us Kingdom - Let him save himself first.
7.With God’s words of Heaven’s key - I will earn the Pa-ra-dise,
You got it wrong do not try - To misguide me in his name.
8. He is also on the Cross - He is suffering more than us,
If He is the Lord and King - Let Legion come to remove curse.
9. Jesus on earth on a Tree - In heaven on Chariot o-f fire,
Creations re-ceived their King - Trembled at Cru-cifixion.
10. Watch your Master with more care - Don’t you see the mark of whip,
You are glori-fying him - Who will trust you on your words.
11. None could take this earthly thorn - Other than Jesus, King and Lord,
Who removed the thorn of curse - And redeemed Adam and race.
12. Let the one on Cross with us - Give you promised Para-dise,
How could He take you Eden - Which you have not seen yet friend.
13. This death has wiped all of the - Prominence of Sheol hell,
His voice destroyed all its power - His entrance will make it dust.
14. One who suffered torture pain - Drank bitter wine and was stabbed,
And suffering Passions now - How I call him King of Kings.
15. Listen to the noise with care - Rocks are breaking with thunder,
Departed Saints’ bones join - Why this disbelief my friend.
16. All creations tremb-ling - Evil spiri-ts are shattered,
Rocks are breaking parting ways - Confess sins and embrace Life.
17. If you ask me his Glory - I will tell you many and more,
All creations witnessed him - And trembling on Lord’s Passion.
18. Pilate called him King of Kings - As prophesied in Holy Books,
As they shouted as witness - Don’t argue on who is King.
19. Cross is standing between us - You are standing in its pit,
You too are a child of God - Claim your place on right side friend.
20. Cross opened the gates of Hell - Sun became dark, earth too shook,
Temple curtain torn in two - All creations witnessed Lord.
21. Listen to the cry of earth - And enti-re creations,
Upon hearing Lord’s utter - Wall of earth start tremb-ling.
22. Listen to noise of the dead - Who arrived from Sheol hell,
Look at life giving Jesus - Whom I found as my refuge.
23. He chose death to raise Adam - All departed looked at him,
He released Adam from Hell - And raised me to Paradise.
24. Stop abusing Son of God - Who did passions on his will,
Stop your bad mouthing right now - Blessed Cross is my re-fuge.
25. Thou promised paradise to - The thief who had confessed Thee,
Since we took refuge in Thee – Remember us when you come.